Tuesday, February 14, 2017

♥ FATHOMS BELOW SPECIAL VALENTINE’S DAY BLOG ♥


 Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! J Normally, I would wait until the end of the week to post this. However, as I am going out of town with my daughter for a special Valentine’s outing this weekend, I will be MIA from my computer and other devices. So I figured I should go ahead and post it today.


For those of you who don’t know me, I am a HUGE holiday person. I love to decorate, bake, exchange gifts, celebrate with my family and friends, watch holiday specials, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. The hearts, the chocolates, the flowers, the cards and romance: I love it all, and this year, I wanted to share it with my readers.  So, for the next week only, the Fathoms Below e-book will be on sale for only $0.99! If you or someone you know are like me, and Valentine’s Day puts you in a romantic mood, then this YA paranormal romance centered around Greek mythology and fairy tales is the perfect addition to your holiday gift list! If you’re anti-Valentine’s Day, don’t worry! I’ve got that covered too! The tragic endings to the love stories in Fathoms Below will definitely help you not-celebrate this holiday of hearts. Find this special holiday deal on Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, and Kobo E-readers by clicking on the links below.



Nov 28, 2016



$0.99

I also wanted to share some of my FAVORITE Valentine’s cards this year. For those book-lovers like me, Marissa Meyer, author extraordinaire of The Lunar Chronicles and Heartless, has free printables of her Lunar Chronicles Valentine’s (for the pro and anti-Valentine hearts) posted on her blog! I gave these to all my friends and extended family (as well as kept one for myself lol), and they were a huge hit! Get to them for yourself by clicking on the link to Marissa’s blog.

http://www.marissameyer.com/blogtype/happy-valentines-day/

For those of you busy mom’s like me, here is a link to the free printables (noticing a pattern here? Yes, I love free DIY things!) I used for my daughter’s classroom Valentine’s this year: adorable pink, red, and black Tic-Tac-Toe cards by Nest of Posies, which I handed out with little boxes of white Tic-Tacs. (Get it? Tic-Tac-Toe, Tic-Tacs? Too cute!) These were a huge hit, as my daughter and all of her friends love games, and super easy to pull together! Just print out as many cards as you need (there are 4 to a sheet), cut them out, and attach your favorite candy to the front or back. Voila!


Another thing I love about Valentine’s Day is—you guessed it—the books! (Actually, that’s something else I love about every holiday, because it’s an excuse to buy, get, and receive books, but tomato, to-ma-to.) There are so many good romances, both pro and anti, to read around Valentine’s Day! Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, Antony and Cleopatra: and I have pulled together a list of recommended Valentine’s Day reads just for you, my fellow book lovers! Some of these yall have probably heard of, while others might be a little less well-known. But all of these are either my personal romantic favorites or are on my to-read list for this year. Plus, they all fit in either the pro or anti-Valentine category, or are just fun holiday-themed fluff. And yes, before you ask, I included Fathoms Below on this list. After all, what kind of author would I be if I didn’t love my own books enough to recommend them to other avid readers? J





Some other fun bookish Valentine-themed things I’ve done or will be doing this week? One, I am participating in Romance Week on Goodreads using the hashtag #RomanceWeek. Check out all of the love-related articles, quizzes, and 14-word author love stories (including one by yours truly!) by clicking on each of the links below. Or check out my Twitter feed at the bottom link for a full recap of all the fun stuff I did.

https://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/810-it-s-romance-week-on-goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/524370-14-word-love-story

https://twitter.com/authorlauraholt


I participated in the IWC (Indie Writers Corporation) Valentine's Day Event on Facebook. It was so exciting getting to talk to actual, experienced romance authors like Natalie Bennett. If you missed this event, you can view it now at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/725381740968413/permalink/731945270312060/?notif_t=event_mall_reply&notif_id=1486835559785209

I went on my first online book-promo scavenger hunt, hosted by the YA Giveaway Queens. These ladies are a truly amazing group of writers and book lovers, and the scavenger hunt was so much fun! Hopping from page to page, finding code words and entering giveaways? I was hooked from the get go! Needless to say, I didn’t get any work done this morning lol. This Valentine’s Day event will last all day today, so if you like hunting for buried treasure as much as my daughter and I, or if you just want some free books (both are totally acceptable reasons), then check out the scavenger hunt here.

https://gleam.io/XutuI/hot-new-reads-scavenger-hunt

Well, that’s all! Don’t forget that Fathoms Below is on sale for the next week only on all e-book devices, so get your copy at this special discounted price before the promotion ends! Just make sure you have some tissues on hand before you start reading. You’re probably going to need them. J Hope you all have a safe and happy (if not loving) Valentine’s Day!